Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

My map lights over the two front cabin chairs must have the

Customer Question

My map lights over the two front cabin chairs must have the fuse burned out, I can not locate the correct fuse. I've checked every fuse on the coach
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: yes found every fuse both the one below the driver in the outside compartment and the one for the 12vdc in the read bedroom all fuse check good
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 Fleetwood Revolution.LE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All other items associated with the dash and cab area are working except both map lights.. they were working just a week ago
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes I am ging to fix this myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Perhaps it is the switch. Do you have a 12 VDC test light so we can check that? About $5 or so at most hardware stores. Get back to me when you are ready to test. You need about 10 ft of wire for a test ground and a couple of alligator clips.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a volt meter, and no voltage is going to the light, either light, both lights stopped working at same time. I am certain that is a fuse.. somewhere.. don't know if there is an alternate connection somewhere around the dash, radio center console. Area.. but everything thing there is working, radio, all instruments, all fan switches, etc. If I had a wiring diagram.. I could trace it back to a fuse..
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I would check the switch just to be sure. If you contact Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and give them your FIN number they can get you a set of wiring diagrams. I don't have access to those. Hopefully it will included that circuit. If the fuse is blown, you would want to know what caused that. And this would take some testing as well. Once you have the diagrams or if you need help with testing the switch, get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to get the wiring diagrams from Fleetwood?