Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We can't get the water to flow into the faucets. Checking

Customer Question

we can't get the water to flow into the faucets. Checking before we go camping.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2002 Fleetwood 25 ft.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hooked up water from hose, turned on faucets, and nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it worked fine last time
\
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Are you able to fill the fresh water tank and if so you get pressure using the pump?

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's the direct line that doesn't work
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

OK

IF the city water hose is disconnected and you turn on the pump will the water come out the connector where you hook up? The reason I am asking is that the city water connector should have a built in check valve, if it is working on pump and not city water then it is possible it has failed not allowing the water to get inside, sometimes when they fail they will shoot water out the connector but not always..... Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we've done it before
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is that an additional $26? Already agreed to $24
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

OK

For a phone service yes, we can go back and forth as much as needed here.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

IF the city water connector is not the issue and everything works from the tank using the pump then I would be checking your valve positions, sometimes you will have a tank fill valve, if that is not in the proper position then you would not get city water. Normally any valves would be outside near the hookup for city water....

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
not yet..........keep working on this or I want my money back
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we've never had a problem before
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this isn't an issue with the tank............it's the direct water line that comes in with hookups
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

I am not sure what you are wanting, if you want your money back then I will request a refund for you, I am trying to help you out and sometimes it is not a simple fix....

1... The city water connector has a built in regulator/check valve, if it failed then water would not go into the RV, this makes sense as the water pump is working, that tells me it is not an issue with the tank or even the lines inside the RV as you get flow. It has to be the connector or there is a valve outside that is not in the proper position.

IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want a refund. We have a plumber on the way.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Good luck... Robert