Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a Magnetek 6345 converter charger on my class C.

Customer Question

I have a Magnetek 6345 converter charger on my class C. Everything works fine on the generator, however, when I plug into shore power it kicks the GFI on my house.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fix myself. Tried nothing yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not at this point.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

That can be for any number of reasons. Are you using any kind of adapter on the cord?

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

If the converter has never had an upgrade unit installed it can be starting to ground out and cause this. Disconnect it from the power source and see if the problem stops. If so, you have a good idea what is wrong. IF NOT, then the plug on the cord may be shorting out. Look for any signs of melted rubber around the prongs. Running an electric heater tend so cause this. Or using an extension cord and running the A/C. Hope that helps. I will be around all week-end if you need more. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier response to your question or if not, do you still need some additional input from me here?