Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2002 Damon motor home freight liner chassis with ct

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Damon motor home freight liner chassis with ct engine likes to heat in the mountains I cleaned all the coolers
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This could be a few things... To start off I would see what the fan is doing, when you start off and the engine is cool the fan should be spinning slow as the tamp comes up then the fan should go to high speed and you should see a big difference. IF the fan is not coming on high speed then I would have a shop hook up a lap top and do a fan control test to make sure the fan is turning at the proper RPMS and is coming on at the right speed. I also might have the coolant serviced if it has not been done and have the thermostat replaced. Have a shop also test drive the RV after any repairs are made.... Some engines do run hot if the check engine light is coming on when this is happening I would also see if any codes are coming up, when the CEL comes on it should store a code... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert