Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

My refrigerator in my 2001 fleet did not cool when I plugged

Customer Question

My refrigerator in my 2001 terry fleet wood did not cool when I plugged the trailer in to the A/C. It never moves and worked when I winterized it last August.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: How would I do either of those items? The "check" light came on when I pressed the "on" button.
JA: What is the model of your '01 RV?
Customer: Terry Fleetwood 27 foot I think
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried nothing as don't know where to start. That's why I'm talking to you. I am in the middle of the upper peninsula if Michigan and nearest service is 40 miles away.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Hmmm, don't know if related but when I turned on heat didn't seem to generate heat. Fan came in.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi... My name is Robert....

Can you get me the make and model of the fridge? It should be a Dometic or Norcold but need the model number.....

Also it is important to know if you tried running it on AC power, if so is that when the check light came on?

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Also if you like the company has a phone service for an added fee, if you would like to try that please let me know, it might be quicker and easier over the phone.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

IF not I can still help you in this format, all follow ups are included...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Americana. Model RM 2852. And I only run it on AC
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

So when you are plugged in and running on AC it should stay on AC power and the check light should not come on, if you were to loose AC power the fridge would try and start on LP, if it fails to start on LP then the check light will come on, the check light is a LP fault so I am thinking the AC side is not working. I am going to give you a service manual to look at that will help you understand the items I am talking about.

IF you try and run it on AC and it is trying to light off and the check light is ON go to the outside access cover and verify the outlet has power. Next unplug the that cord, below the cord you will see a circuit board, remove the cover on the board, on the board is a fuse for the AC side, make sure that fuse is blown, if it was the fridge would want to light off on LP as it can not sense the AC power.

Lets start with that and you can report back to me if needed, click HERE for a service manual. Please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Have a Safe and Happy 4th!!!