Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

2003 Fleetwood expedition 34m. Leveling motor runs but jacks

Customer Question

2003 Fleetwood expedition 34m. Leveling jack motor runs but jacks will not extend. Fluid level is correct. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally if the pump is running and the jacks are not moving it will not be a fuse issue, parking brake etc, the pump is getting power and trying to run the jacks down but is not, this can be caused by a failed solenoid, bad pump or even low voltage going to the pump. The key is the pump is running when you try to run the jacks, I would verify your voltage at the pump, make sure the fluid level is all the way to the top of the tank as well with the jacks stored. Might need to have a RV shop take a look at this, you do not want to get in a situation where the jacks are stuck down. IF you would still like to troubleshoot this please tell me the manufacturer of the leveling, it will say on the control panel, if it is Power Gear please tell me the p/n number on the pad....

Hope this helps some... Robert...

Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a Power Gear with p/n 500456 on the control pad
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Click HERE and see page 26 and it will show you what to look for, you will have to refer to the diagrams in the manual to id the wires involved, it should help narrow this done some... Hope this helps out.. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Have a Safe and Happy 4th!!!