Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have a 4 door norcold rv refrigerator model 12101m

Customer Question

have a 4 door norcold rv refrigerator model 12101m sr#sn10832501 compressor # *****
JA: What is the model of your '10101 RV?
Customer: 12101m
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes the code was LIop and looked at the small control box on the outside for the red LED light it was off, put a small magnet on the box for 30 seconds the red LED light came on but the refrigerator would sill not go on and still show the LIop code
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: do not know what you mean by scan but did try twice to reset the code on the panel on the front of the unit inside the coach
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The owners manual says the issue is the high temp switch is open
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

When the red led is ON the high limit sensor is tripped. What you can do for testing ONLY is bypass the sensor and see if the code goes away, if the code goes away then I suspect you have a faulty sensor. The code should only be coming on when the sensor trips or the light is ON. IF the code does not go away when you bypass the sensor then you could have a circuit board issue. Click HERE for some info on that box and it will show the wiring and how to bypass, YOU CAN NOT leave it hooked with it bypassed it is a safety issue... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please resend the trouble shooting page
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

OK

Click HERE to view.... Let me know if you still need more help... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

HI... was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? Please feel free to contact me if needed..

Have a Safe and Happy 4th!!!!

Robert