Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Dometic r.v. fridge will not cool bringing unit in from

Customer Question

Dometic r.v. fridge will not cool bringing unit in from being stored for 6 months
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The fridge has to be level and won't cool otherwise. Turn it off and let it sit for a few hours and after you level it up you can try it again. Hopefully, you didn't damage the cooling unit. Open up the outside inspection cover and take a look around the burner for any sign of a yellowish residue or ammonia smell. That would be a sign of cooling unit failure and the fridge would need to be rebuilt. If you get back to me with a model number I can grab a copy of the Service Manual for you which has a lot of good information and we will use that if we have to dig deeper into the problem. I will be watching for your response. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you missed my earlier response to your question? If not, do you need additional input from me here or did you get this resolved?