Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have an itasca ellipse 2007 the dash switch does not turn

Customer Question

I have an itasca ellipse 2007 the dash
switch does not turn on headlights or running lights ..i have pulled the switch in/out. .brake lights and daytime headlights and turn signals work. have tried it with and without parking brakes...help
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

It could be the switch OR the headlight relay. Some testing would need to be done to determine which one. If you get back to me with the actual model number I may be able to come up with some wiring diagrams for you. Please let me know which chassis you have as well. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you missed my earlier response to your question? If not, do you need additional input from me here or did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not Resolved just no internet...vin. 4uzackcy87cy59379. fuses and breakers are ok.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I suspect this will be in the headlight switch OR a bad connect at the switch. OR the the headlight relay. Check first to see if you have power OUT of the switch. Get back to me with the exact model number of your coach and I can grab some wiring diagrams for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
itasca ellipse 40 kd. thanks for ur help.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

I am adding a link or two to some wiring diagrams for you........http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2007/07_r-ser_wire_156377.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

You might be able to get more detailed information from Freightliner on this. They are usually pretty helpful.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had planned on calling them but thought I would reach out to an expert. I have the schematics etc that came with the coach hoped to narrow down what to check for as the lights did work 3 or so weeks ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

The switch or the headlight relay are the two most likely spots for trouble. Not expensive to replace as a rule. I don't have any more schematics other than what I can get from Winnebago. Hope that gives you some help here.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?