Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

In my rialto/model 221rd. /1995-1996 rv. power converter

Customer Question

in my rialto/model 221rd. /1995-1996 rv. power converter stoped putting any power
to the battery. battery is only 1 year old. the thing I need to know is ? were in my
rv is the converter at ? ? have looked every were ? I would like to know WERE ? ?
can you help on this ? I do ac. dc .work but can not find IT. Thanks Don.F.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

That should be a Magnetek unit. Open the door on the load center and give me the model number. Most are included in there and some are stand alone. Once I know the model number I can tell you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Westinghouse 31999 Not sure if this the right no. ? ? it is hand ritten on a paper tag ?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

This is the dark brown unit near the floorline with all the fuses and breakers inside?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
about 8 by 8 inches sq.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Can you attach a photo of that to your post with the lid open?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am SORRY I am not a computer nut,, do not know how to send photos, sorry Don
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the 8 by 8 box has 5 house type brakers. and to the right of that is a vreatel row of 6 brakers on top has I glass
type 25 amp fuse.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

And the name on the tag inside says Westinghouse?

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Is that fuse blown? Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. That will tell us if the converter is bad or not.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
NOW found new on Westinghouse lable,,TT120FLGNM I have a test meter, fuse is O.K.
that's all I can find. don
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Can you e-mail me a photo of this?

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Without knowing the brand of the load center I can't direct you in how to test it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I do not know how to do this What I need to know is,,,were is the converter unit ,,can not find it???
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The unit I am working on is,,,Winnebago/vw. rialta. 1995 year. were is the converter located ???
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I don't think this is going anyplace..........and without knowing what you have for a load center I can't tell you the answer. Some are stand alone and some are part of the load center itself. I suspect yours is the later. I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something if they can. You might just have to call a mobile tech to come over and assist you as this would only take a few minutes to find and test. Sorry I couldn't be more help here.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I looked at some prints and it appears the load center is part of the converter OR the converter is behind the load center. Click HERE and have a look, the converter would supply the fuse panel that has the nine fuses, sometimes it is all one unit so the converter part is on the bottom or below the fuses. One print points behind the converter and says 40 amp connector.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more question or concerns please feel free to contact me....