Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I broke my awning and need to put it in my RV. If I open de

Customer Question

Hi. I broke my awning and need to put it in my RV. If I open de emergency back window can it be easily closed again?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thor motor coach 2016 windsport
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Have not seen one of them on this particular model but on most emergency style windows it will have a red latch for a quick release and the window should swing open and then you should be able to shut it and latch it. I think in this situation you have to do it to get the awning inside the RV so I would try it and then re-secure the window anyway you can. I would have someone on the outside on a ladder when you open it up just to be sure it is not going anywhere.... Hope this helps some.... Robert