gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

We purchased a used 2005 Holiday Rambler in 2012. Our

Customer Question

We purchased a used 2005 Holiday Rambler in 2012. Our refrigerator has never really worked well and we've had it serviced many times. Last August the "guts" of the refrig were replaced and it was also worked on last October. We took a trip to Texas a couple of weeks ago and the unit was not working well. Temperatures inside the refrig were up to 65 degrees. My husband used a heavy duty magnet to reset the unit and as long as we were on shore power it worked but while traveling it "defrosts" or something because I get water all over the floor, in the binds and on the food! This is what it has always done and they can't seem to find the problem. It's in the shop since last week and they have run it on shore power and the generator and say its fine. It is not! I'm really fed up with it.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Earlier this year we did not have it plugged in so it was off for some time before plugging it in for a trip
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not really ... What kind of work can I do on it if the people who do this can't seem to find the problem? It's been at Camping World since June 21.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure what else I can say
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Camping World has a bad reputation for the most part. They hire too many unskilled and non-licensed persons. What is the make and model of your fridge? Please include the Product number and Serial number.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Is this fridge in a slideout room?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. Fixed area.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

What is the make and model of the fridge?

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you missed my earlier response to your question? If not, do you need additional input from me here or did you get this resolved?