Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a brand new 2016 Fleetwood Discovery. When I connect

Customer Question

I have a brand new 2016 Fleetwood Discovery. When I connect to the cable tv at the RV park - I cannot get it to work. I was not provided an owner's information packet and not sure if there is some type of distrubution box that I am missing
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

You do need one.........and those are usually located up front over the window area in an overhead. That allows you to choose between satellite and park cable. You might want to give Fleetwood Customer Service a call or go to their website and get the information you don't have. (###) ###-####and give them your FIN number as that is how they are filed. Once you have that, get back to me if you need more here as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did see that button and switched it to Off-Park Cable. Do I need something else?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

You need to have it on Park Cable if that is the source. That should be all you need.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
why wouldn't I get the feed? I have tried all the input sources on the tv and can't seem to get a signal?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

They may have damaged the cable during construction. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen that happen. Get a new Coax cable and hook up the park cable dirctly to your box and see if everything works. IF so, you know what to look for. Is this an older model or a 2016 as your question shows both dates?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a 2016. When you say hook directly to the box - what box do you mean?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

The control box that you turned the swtich off on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just tried that. Also tried hooking coax direct from RV park into the tv and that did not work as well. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Was that through the box or direct to a set? If through the box it might not be good. The dealer should have checked this out before delivery to you.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you missed my earlier response to your question? If not, do you need additional input from me here or did you get this resolved?