Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Someone just called me about another prvatelyowned ClassC RV

Customer Question

someone just called me about another prvatelyowned ClassC RV motor home. You were so much help with the last one and I need yo again to help me make a decision. It is a 2003 third owner, Cloth interior Dutchman Express Ford -- Gas. It has 35,000 mile on it Vin # ***** something 1fdxe45sx3ha9175
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi again.....

Give me a few mins and I will look up the price on this, once again would need to know the model and or length.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

So like the other there are 16 models for the express for 2003, do you have a length or know the model number, does it have a slideout? Only 3 models have one for this year.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no slides vin #1fdxe45x3ha93175--27 feet in length
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I really don't even know vin # ***** ***** you are dealing with an idiot
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

I got it only one that length that is a Ford gas with no slide-out, once again these are ball park figures, if the RV has leveling or a Sat. the price is going to be more, for this one I am showing a average retail of 13,845 and a low retail of 11,475..... What the vin does is help me confirm the chassis that it has (E45) would be the E450 chassis which is listed in the guide I use to determine cost on the RV..... Does this sound about right or what is the seller offering?

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe it is e450 if I am not mistaken
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Yes it is the VIN will tell you the chassis (e45) I was just explaining the VIN can be helpful... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

What is the seller offering on this one?

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
$17,000 Is it true on these RVs, the age is not like a car milage??????
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

You have to keep in mind that a RV might have more maintenance requirements then a car. An annual service should be done on the engine and chassis. That would be an inspection and changing the oil, oil filter, fuel filter and lube the chassis. Owners that do this maintenance have far less problems down the road. I think on this one I would pass, it seems overpriced to me and the 2006 sounds much better then this one.

The older the RV the more problems can creep up I would be looking for newer, low miles (under 50K) and low cost....

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you are great. I will pass.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can. IF you are satisfied please feel free to select a rating....

Robert