Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I just purchased a new GM-0700 carryout antenna and cant get

Customer Question

i just purchased a new GM-0700 carryout antenna and cant get more than 11% of a signal I,m in my yard my other recievers are working fine theres nothing blocking the signal at all I,m 100 miles easrt of Edmonton Alberta. Please call me on my cell(###) ###-####
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

A few questions first. Are you using this as a portable unit? When you say "other receivers" what are they? And how was the signal strength measured?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The other 2 shaw direct recievers in my house. yes its a portable unit which doesn't matter I don't think I'm right beside my house in my RV. I have 86%signal strength in my yard. do I have reactivate my receiver at shaw direct?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

I believe so and you have to be sure that the view to the satellite is unobstucted by the house or any trees of any kind. Easy to get the direction off just a bit and loose signal. These have to be "right on" the money or you will get reduced signal. Hope that helps. Do you still think you need a phone chat?

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you need additional input from me here or did you get this resolved?