Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

No j1850 and j1939 apper in in message of my workhorse, 2008

Customer Question

no j1850 and j1939 apper in in message of my workhorse
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2008 Damon Outlaw
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: probably no, I have a local garage that will look into it,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I did not try anything yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This is a very hard code to troubleshoot,

The J1939/J1850 is a data communications circuit used to send information to the dash gauge cluster from the engine and/or trans. computers. This information is typically vehicle speed, engine temp., oil pressure, engine speed, fuel level, etc., all the information needed for the gauges to display their readings and the trip computer to make its calculations.

This could be a loose connector, an intermittent wire fault or a multitude of other problems that can be very difficult to find. You could try and pull the chassis battery cables for a few mins to see if that helps, sometimes it will reset the system. Check all connectors and fuses for the chassis.

Having codes pulled might also help.... I would have the local garage shop have a look at this one just for the fact it can be a difficult issue to resolve with all the wiring involved, if you have not checked your chassis battery voltage and disconnected the cables I would try that first..... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Roberrt

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....