Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2009 Vectra 40td. I lost power to power step. The

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Vectra 40td. I lost power to power step. The 25 amp fuse in the front has been replaced and so has the 5 amp step control fuse. After studying the wiring diagrams I see there is a 30 amp step power fuse somewhere. By the diagram it is located somewhere after the aux. start solenoid but I have not located it.
I probably caused the fuse to blow when I was inspecting the front buss. The step works after I jumped a hot wire the back of the 25 amp front fuse. Can you help me locate the 30 amp fuse? I think it is an inline fuse.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Go to the battery and look for a smaller gage wire, follow the smaller wires and see if there is a fuse in-line, sometimes the steps are wired direct to the battery. Beyond that to save on time I might get a hold of Winnebago directly, they should have a tech. support department for customers and they should be able to look the coach number up and see where any fuses might be hiding, I can send you prints as well but they can be hard to decipher, at least that is my experience with Winnebago.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...