Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Slide out won't open, Four winds hurricane 2005, 30' I'm

Customer Question

Slide out won't open
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Four winds hurricane 2005, 30'
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to locate the pump(I think it's called) to at least try manually winding it open
JA: Have you checked the fluids? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Low miles, only 15k
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The RV has been sat in a ocean front location for approx a year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally the pump will be outside could be passenger side under the front engine access straight down, in back of the step or in the chassis. IF the room is making NO noise at all make sure the parking brake is set, the engine is in park and you have good battery voltage, some only run on house power and others run from the chassis battery voltage, so start the engine and check your voltage, go to the battery as well and follow the cables and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, below is a picture, as a general rule they will stick that 18" from the battery and most have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip. IF the room is making a noise follow the noise to the pump/motor.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert