Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

What size generator is needed keystone Avalanche 361 TG? It

Customer Question

What size generator is needed for 2016 keystone Avalanche 361 TG? It has two AC units
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I am pretty sure they come with a generator prep and if you want to run both AC's units and have some room to run other items then I would go with a Cummins Onan QG 6.5 Propane unit, that would run both AC units no problem.... Hope this helps some.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not real sure what a generator prep is. We did not get much of a walk through when we purchased our RV. We have a Honda 6500.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

OK

It should be pre-wired for a generator, meaning all the wiring should be available. Being a 2016 I would let a shop do the install or have them wire in the Honda, the honda should be rated at 6500 watts which should be enough to run the AC'S.... My concern is being a brand new unit I would want a shop to show you the hook up so you do not void any warranty on the rig. IF something is not hooked up right and something happens then you could void the warranty.....

I might also consider a walk through on the unit, tell the dealer you are not satisfied and they should accommodate you, a dealer should take the time and explain how everything works... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert