Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2002 Caravan. The side slide out uses a hand crank

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Coleman Caravan. The side slide out uses a hand crank and the pin broke making my slide out unable to be slid in. Is there a second way to slide it back until I get to a repair shop? We are stuck in the woods.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

You should be able to side it back in by pushing on it.........perhaps with two persons. You will need to put in some sort of slide locks (like a piece of 2 x 4) on top to hold it in until you get home. I don't recall hearing about this sort of thing on one of these units, but I can tell you it is usually caused by a lack of lubrication on the slide hardware and wiper seals. Thetford makes a good one for both and would use those on a regular basis. Hope this proves helpful here. Please attach a photo of the slide if you need more as I may be able to offer something additional if you can't move it. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in here to see if you got everything you needed on this or do you still need more input from me?