Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2002 Caravan. The side slide out uses a hand crank

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Coleman Caravan. The side slide out uses a hand crank and the pin broke making my slide out unable to be slid in. Is there a second way to slide it back until I get to a repair shop? We are stuck in the woods.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

You should be able to side it back in by pushing on it.........perhaps with two persons. You will need to put in some sort of slide locks (like a piece of 2 x 4) on top to hold it in until you get home. I don't recall hearing about this sort of thing on one of these units, but I can tell you it is usually caused by a lack of lubrication on the slide hardware and wiper seals. Thetford makes a good one for both and would use those on a regular basis. Hope this proves helpful here. Please attach a photo of the slide if you need more as I may be able to offer something additional if you can't move it. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in here to see if you got everything you needed on this or do you still need more input from me?