Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Our 2006 Jayco 34SS Seneca lost radio and lower refrigerator

Customer Question

Our 2006 Jayco 34SS Seneca lost radio and lower refrigerator is not cold. Replaced fuse and cleaned in line fuse connectors in battery compartment. Still not working. Help!
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

What is the make and model of your fridge? Are all the other 12 VDC systems working?

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

How old are the house batteries and have they been serviced recently? Are you plugged into shore power or not?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Norco. N841IMRT
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

On LP mode or AC mode on the fridge? What about the batteries?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
plugged in to AC power. Batteries are two years old and serviced. I had all lights on the refrigerator before I took out the in line fuses in battery compartment to check them, now no lights. I guess I will have to check their security again.They are a pain in the a#% to get in and out with the spring loaded caps.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

I am attaching a copy of the Norcold Service Manual for this model. Print it out so you have it. Things to check that can cause poor cooling in the fridge are: Thermister going bad, low LP pressure (LP mode), cooling unit failing, or dirty door gaskets. If you have a small digital multimeter the thermistor can be checked. See that section of the manual. On the radio, many have a fuse near the radio that might be blown. That is usally caused by batteries that are low on voltage or failing. It can be from a charging system that isn't perfoming up to proper specs. A good converter should be putting out about 13.7 VDC to the batteries. That can be tested with the meter. If your batteries are over 3 years old or they haven't been serviced recently they may be failing or the cable may be dirty. Those are things to check. I can direct you in that and will make a phone chat offer for you in case you feel that would be more helpful. Please get back to me if you need more input from me as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in here to see if you got everything you needed on this or do you still need more input from me?