Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

I have a 3600 LP. It turns over but will but will not start.

Customer Question

I have a 3600 LP. It turns over but will but will not start. The oil level is full and the air filter is clean. It has been stored for the winter.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes the engine turns over. The battery is less than a month. It is plugged into a 30 amp
JA: What is the model of your '1600 RV?
Customer: 2006 Winnebago View
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Primed the generator before starting. Checked oil level. Cleaned air filter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I s
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

If the LP is turned on AND the LP detector is on then it may be the regulator needs attention. The pressure may be too low or it may be failing. Check those first two things and be sure you have good flow. Turn on the stovetop burner and see if the flame has any orange in the flame tips.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is orange on the flame
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

That pretty much shows that the pressure at the regular is too low. Most shops can adjust this if you take it off and into them. Or a new one is about $35 for a Marshall regulator which is about the best in my view. Get that taken care of and then get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back in here to see if you got everything you needed on this or do you still need more input from me?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the brand, model and serial numbers of the genset?