Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Iplug in cord but not getting electricity to outlets inside.

Customer Question

Iplug in cord but not getting electricity to outlets inside . start generator and still no power inside I changed two circuit breakers changed re set plug in. WE lent it to a friend he had two electric heaters pluged in and the power quit
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

I would be looking for another GFI, sometimes they can be hiding and I would be looking on the outside, beyond that I would check to see if you are getting AC voltage in and out of the main breaker and out of the breaker for the outelts, if you are go to the first non working outlet and check the connections, working away from the breaker panel.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally the pump will be outside could be passenger side under the front engine access straight down, in back of the step or in the chassis. IF the room is making NO noise at all make sure the parking brake is set, the engine is in park and you have good battery voltage, some only run on house power and others run from the chassis battery voltage, so start the engine and check your voltage, go to the battery as well and follow the cables and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, below is a picture, as a general rule they will stick that 18" from the battery and most have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip. IF the room is making a noise follow the noise to the pump/motor.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

It appears you also got a response from another questions I was working on... Please disregard that as it was for another RV owner... IF you still need more help with your issue please let me know.... Robert