Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Randall, I have a 2001 Bounder 39z. All of the sudden, I

Customer Question

Hi Randall, I have a 2001 Bounder 39z. All of the sudden, I have no 120v power to my front a/c. I have a 30a service with an intelligence management system. I hav 120v on the load side of the breaker, but not where the Romeo terminates on the board of the a/c unit. I do have 12v control voltage present at the board as well. I temporarily hooked up an extension cord to the board and it works. Is the a junction in the line between the breaker and the a/c unit?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Only through the Load Management system. Most won't allow you to run both A/Cs on a 30 amp service, but it kind of depend on what else you have on. The water heater on AC mode would be a big factor (if you have that option) and sometimes even the fridge on AC mode makes a difference. The hotter the ambient temps the more critical it becomes. These are rated at 95 degrees and for every additional 5 degrees, the A/C pulls another amp. Double that and you can use up 30 amps quickly. That may be what is going on here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not the problem. With nothing else on there is still no high voltage to the unit.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Did you check to see if you have good AC power TO and OUT of the breaker that services that A/C?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Like I stated in my first post, I have power at the breaker , but not at the a/c. I had the motorhome out 2 weeks ago in 118 degree weather, and both a/c's worked flawlessly for the whole weekend. There must be something in between the breaker and the unit. That is what I wanted to see if you knew of something. I am a IBEW union wireman, so I know how electricity works, just not sure of all of the gadgets that they put in motorhomes.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

When you say "hooked up the Romex to the board".........which board was that? The incoming 120 VAC should be to ceiling control box. The only other place it goes in between there and the breaker is that load management system. Probably Intellitec and they make several. That control may be bad and have a bad relay. The control is usually close to the display, but not always. You may need to contact Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and give them your FIN number and have them send you the complete set of wiring diagrams for your coach. Very helpful to have as you would know. Once you find that relay board you can replace it and I suspect solve this. It will have a part number on it and most dealers and shops have these and online many places. Please let me know what you find.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?