Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2008 Allergo Bay motorhome the leveler on the left

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Allergo Bay motorhome the leveler on the left rear leg, in the down stage ripped the gears out. I had them replaced about 3 month ago. It did the same thing yesterday in the up stage, could there be a problem with the touch sensor technology pad? It has only happened to this one leg? This is an Atwood new level leg model #66544 put on in July of 2015. Was this the right model for this motorhome?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

They have had a lot of problems with this system. It may be that this one leg is way too heavy for the load, based on the design and placement of the interior walls, slides and equipment. This is a common problem where the designs look good on paper, but nobody checked them out to see if the floorplan would make a difference. Have you talked to Tiffin about the problem?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No we have had this unit just 6 mo bought it from an individual. Our first class A and has several issues the leveling legs being the worst so far. The touch pad is by Atwell, so I don't know why the gears keep stripping?? What is the answer to stopping this from happening??
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Should I buy the gears again?? or a different jack??
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I don't think replacing the jack is going to change the outcome, but I would have it checked to be sure something isn't bent or jammed in there and causing this. Find out if any other Tiffin units have been having issues with this jack.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need more input from me here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No on both counts.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I think a call to Tiffin would be in order........