Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2007 hornet I can get the propane hot water heater

Customer Question

I have a 2007 hornet I can get the propane hot water heater to fire up but then after a few minutes it just stops my water doesn't even get warm the elect. Switch and the flame switch were on last night now the light went off for both I don't know what to do
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: How do I do that
JA: What is the model of your '07 RV?
Customer: Hideaway
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hideout sorry
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I replaced the gas valve in front by the tanks wiggled the four wires on the heater outside for a loose connection
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

What is the make and model of the water heater? That can be found on the data tag once you open up the outside inspection cover. Get back to me with this and I can help you sort this out. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think GC6AA-10E
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

If this is one for over a minute, then the issue is most likely in the thermostat or ECO assy. It is kicking off prematurely and not allowing the water to come up to temp. Are you camping now or at home?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm camping unfortunately it's the first time we brought it out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would that make the rwd "on" switch not work or do you think there is an additional electric problem
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Are you dry camping or at a campground? IF the ignition light won't come on then the thermal fuse may have blown down by the control board. Clear plastic with a resistor looking diode inside. Low LP pressure can cause the flame to "flash" and cook that. Try unplugging the leads on the control board and put them back on again. Same with the thermostat and ECO. It may be just a bad connection. See the attached link for a copy of the Atwood Service Manual and print it out. Lots of good information in there.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

A 12 VDC test light or small digital multimeter is very helpful here. If you don't have those, get them when you can and keep them with you. About $25 for the both of them and easy to use. I can direct you in testing almost anything on this RV if you have those.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

See the photo on page 18 of the front of the unit. The thermal fuse is on the brown lead. You can bypass that and see if that is the problem. I will make a phone chat offer for you as well. Sometimes it is easier to direct you in testing over the phone.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need more input from me here?