peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I have a 2005 Alfa coach, it is connected to 50amp shore

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Alfa coach, it is connected to 50amp shore power.
Last night yht ac shut off and did not restart, the refrigerator shut down (connected to shore power) The inverter stayed on and the batteries were drained. The inverter will not re start thge charge light low battery light and the 50 amp connect light come on for 30 seconds and then go off.
Any suggestions
Thanks Pete
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a possible fault with the circuit breaker panel itself.I have seen some of these fail internally needing replaced.Some come with the inverter built into it.You may have received a voltage surge through it being plugged into shore power and caused this fault here.I know the RV centers always stress purchasing a surge protector for the RV's so this doesnt happen.But this sounds like what may have occurred here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete