Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

My EMS system in my fleetwood discovery 40x is cutting off

Customer Question

My EMS system in my fleetwood discovery 40x is cutting off all power to the appliances. On 30 amp shore or generator none of the appliances will light up. Everything else has power tho. AC will turn on but just the fan and not the compressor
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? That is going to be needed to track this down. About $20 or so and easy to use. Most hardware stores sell them.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
While I was waiting for a reply I shut the power off and the batteries and it seemed to of reset the EMS and now everything works fine.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I would have the batteries load tested and the cables and connections cleaned. Most of these issues are battery related. If your batteries are over 3 years old there I a good chance they need replacing.