Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 2012 Coachman Catalina Deluxe edition 30 QBS and

Customer Question

Good morning we have a 2012 Coachman Catalina Deluxe edition 30 QBS and the front is bubbling up. what is causing this?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally you see this type of condition when moisture has gotten behind the fiberglass and starts to break down the glue that secures it to the frame, I would get up on the roof and check all the seals, make sure there are no voids, no cracks and the sealant looks clean and not black in appearance. IF you need to reseal clean the area really good and apply some Dicor sealant over the existing sealant. IF it is really bad I might have a RV shop do a visual inspection, they should be able to tell by looking at how much labor is involved for any repairs, the goal is to make sure no water or moisture is getting in... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** already checked this and there seems to be no broken seals or damaged.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

understand, to me it sounds like the glue is separating from the fiberglass to framing and what happens is you get bubbling. I might have a shop at least give you an estimate on the cost of repairs, most likely it would have to come apart to see what is going on in that area. If it is not getting worse and you have no leaks I might leave it and monitor the area, if it gets worse have it looked at.

IF you would like to get another experts input please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating at the top of the page.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more question or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert