Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I just bought a 2006 31 foot Fleetwood Pioneer. It has a 10

Customer Question

I just bought a 2006 31 foot Fleetwood Pioneer . It has a 10 foot pushout, on the roof there is about a 14 foot piece of 4 inch angle Iron for extra support for push out' the guy I bought it from said he was sure this was factory. I don't think so since it looks like it is screwed down with lag screws and caulked. roof has a soft spot on the edge by the middle of the push out. do I fix that from inside or outside? please respond. help Craig
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

That is not OEM installed...........they never put things like that on the roof. You repair soft spots on the roof from the outside. The trim has to be removed so you can get the rubber membrane loose and pulled back. It sometimes requires cutting it and repairing that later. I think this would be better answered over the phone with some communication on what and how to proceed. A photo of the damaged are would help if you can attach one to your post. All follow ups are included in our fee. I repair lots of these in my shop.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here?