Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2000 Fleetwood Discovery on Freightliner chassis

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Fleetwood Discovery on Freightliner chassis with a pusher Cummins engine. After driving for one-5 minutes, could be more or less, I start to get a beeping sound from under the dash area. The coach has the Power Gear leveling and I have checked the jacks to make sure they are up, fluid level, and the sensor switch orientation and continuity. Any ideas what might be causing the problem? The jacks down light is not on while the beeping is occurring.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This is a tough one, probably not the jacks as the down light would be on. From my experience this is going to be an alarm for the parking brake or low air alarm. Does not mean there is an actual issue but the sensor has failed causing the audible alarm to go off. Each sensor will have 12 volt wires and air lines going to it, the parking brake sensor is normally located below the pull handle manifold and the tank sensors are normally near the tanks, I would inspect what you can, make sure any sensors on the tanks the wires are not corroded or loose, have seen some where they will only go off when it rains because off not using weather proof connectors, mainly that would be the sensors for the tanks as they are exposed to the elements. You might need to get a shop involved to troubleshoot some more. I am not aware of anyway to bypass the alarm.... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can the alarm be unplugged temporarily? If I understand your response, it cannot be.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

I am not aware of anyway to bypass the alarm, if all your gauges are in range then it should be find to drive. You might run the risk of shorting something out or causing another issue unplugging any sensors.... I would think a Freightliner shop would pick up the problem right away...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need to confirm the problem before I can rate. Will be happy to do so at that time.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Sounds good... I am around daily and respond when I can.,..

Have a great weekend!! Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Thanks, Robert