Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

We are driving an itasca sunova 2012. We have been driving

Customer Question

We are driving an itasca sunova 2012. We have been driving about 6 hours and the ABS light is on.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

The ABS light can come on for dozens of reasons. I would verify your chassis battery voltage at the batteries, I have seen cases where the ABS light will come on prior to having a battery or alternator fail, the ABS system is very sensitive to low voltage. It could also be a sensor, cable or control module issue. I might take a quick look at the cables going to the wheels make sure none are smashed or pinched. Beyond that I would have a shop hook up to the data port for the ABS system and see what codes are active, that will save time and money as it takes the guess work out, it is safe to drive, you will have "normal" braking just no ABS while the light is on... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me I am around daily and respond when I can, follow ups are included....