Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic RM2862 refridgerator and it quit cooling on

Customer Question

I have a dometic RM2862 refridgerator and it quit cooling on electric so switched to propane still no cooling but yellow stuff started dripping out of heater chamber.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sounds like a failed cooling unit, the yellow solution is what should circulate through the coils, a symptom of a failed cooling unit is that yellowish substance or powder, if you smell ammonia or hear a gurgle when you turn it on... For a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both LP and AC.... The cooling unit will also cost 1/2 of what a new fridge will and the labor is more to change the cooling unit, takes about 4 hours in the shop vs 1.5 hours replacing the fridge. I know not good news. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page.... Robert