Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Norcold N611RT frig. in a 2010 Keystone that is not

Customer Question

I have a Norcold N611RT frig. in a 2010 Keystone that is not cooling properly, 28 to 30 degs in freezer and 48 to 50 degs in main unit. Same temps on propane or elec. 13.7 volts at frigs and nice flame on propane. Any ideas. Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Do you have a volt meter? IF so you can test the thermistor out, click HERE and see page 20... IF you do NOT have a meter what you can do is unplug the thermistor and let it run on AC power for a few hours, it should default to FULL cooling, if it cools then you have a bad thermistor. IF it still does not cool it could be a cooling unit, fan or door seal issue. Some models will have fans and others do not. Make sure your door seals are also good, get a dollar bill and close the bill between the seals, the bill should not fall at all in any areas.

The other issue is the cooling unit, they can fail, they can rupture or become blocked. For a blockage you might not see any symptoms at all but NO cooling on both AC and LP...... The service manual should help, I would test that thermistor first.....

IF you have more quesstions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at thee top of the page.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me I am around daily and respond when I can, follow ups are included....

Robert