Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

I have a norcold refrigerator n611 that the classes times

Customer Question

Hello I have a norcold refrigerator n611 that the classes for 5 times and then go solid and then the light comes back on again flashes for 5 times then goes solid and I've checked everything online that I know to check could you help me
JA: Does the light flash and then stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: It's not know I do not have a trouble
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 Winnebago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'll try to do things myself however the campgrounds are not campgrounds or RV dealerships around here are booked up a couple weeks from now so that's out of the question but yes I have tried I have grounded 10:15 I would say said to do and it doesn't fix the problem and then now I don't know what else to do after that they had some directions I'm looking at the thermistor but they were unclear to me so I don't know what they want me to do there
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I can't think of anything I've tried everything I know to do and it's not working it's still the the Young the light on the refrigerator will flash maybe 4 times maybe 5 times and then stay on solid for a few seconds and then go back to fighting against in the refrigerator will not cool that's all I can tell you
JA: Never first thing in the morning. Always in the evening.
Customer: You mean someone will call in the evening
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 4 months ago.

Hi on your model the 5 blinks has shown the refer has shut down and is in the 'no co' mode. This is a feature of the electronics that shuts down the refer if its not cooling properly. Now this feature can malfunction and give you a false error code. First of all was the refer cooling properly prior to the code? And go to the back of the refer open the door and look down where the burner assy is do you see any yellowish discharge? Please get back to me, and I will give you information on how to reset the control module. thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I may save you some trouble. I have already grounded pin 15 and heard no click and the symptoms are still there. The refer is still not cooling. I know the ground was good as I went to the outside recepticle ground with 12 ga. wire. THe next thing was to check the thermistor but don't know how to do that.

thanks for responding, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to do the reset, make sure your wire is small enough to get to the pin in the plug. I will forward to you the service manual for your refer, and it has the instructions on how to test the thermister

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the 12 ga fit in there good. Also , I tried it 3 or 4 times--all to no avail. Heard no click and the refer is still not working.

set on electric, unplugged?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Set to auto and the RV is plugged to a 30 amp supply. Thermistor suspected?

the thermister is unlikely, never seen it be the issue as far as the reset, unfortunately if the board will now reset, your going to have to replace the board