Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

When I unhook my trailer from the truck then go and plug in

Customer Question

When I unhook my trailer from the truck then go and plug in my camper to the electrical source at the park my outside camper lights all come on and stay on unless I physically take out the battery fuse, is this happening because my battery on the trailer has not been charged?
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: no just that my trailer lights are staying on after I unhook my truck they will only go off if I unplug my trailer from the campgroung electrical box this has never happened before
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It is a 2003 coachmen 12 foot pop up camper
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can take out the battery fuse inside the trailer and this will cause them to go out,I was just thinking that my battery on the trialer needs charging is this why they are coming on because the electricity is charging up the battery?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no that's pretty much it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Low voltage can cause issues, what I would do is remove the battery and have an auto parts store load test it and see if it is good or not. A load test is the best test that can be done and most auto parts stores will load test them for free. IF you still have the same issue then there is some type of wiring issue and I would start by checking the plug where you hook up, make sure all the connections are tight and that no wires are touching each other.... Hope this helps some. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....