peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

1986 pace arrow brake patle will go down but will not come

Customer Question

1986 pace arrow brake patle will go down but will not come back up 454 motor
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 86 pace arrow rv brake padel go down will not come back up has 454 motor
JA: What is the model of your '86 RV?
Customer: pace arrow
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not any thing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have brakes I pull the padel up by hand it work fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models this can be due to an internal fault in the brake booster or sometimes the master cylinder itself causing this issue here.I would have the master cylinder and brake booster checked/tested to locate which may be the cause here and from there the faulty component replaced to correct this issue.This may require special test equipment to help locate and repair this fault here so in some cases it may be best for a dealer or repair center that works on this model to test this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete