peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I am having a few problems with our 2003 Winnebago Journey

Customer Question

I am having a few problems with our 2003 Winnebago Journey 39 DL. First, our bedroom slide won't go out. I can't figure out what is wrong. I want to check the fuse, but can't find the fuse box! So, I need help finding the fuse box.
Then, I need suggestions on what to look for in repairing the slide out.
We have 3 burnt out bulbs in the living room area, but I'm not sure what tube bulb to buy. I don't know the watt, if it is a 12 volt or 110, etc. A guy at at an auto/rv store told me to find out whether it was run by electricity or battery.
Another issue is our fresh water. We have to turn on our water pump to get water through to our faucets because when we are hooked up to a campsite hookup, we fill up but then the water starts to overflow to the ground, we shut off the water and then get no flow when we turn the faucets on. We do get flow when the water is on outside at the water spigot, but once we shut that outside water off, all flow stops. We have tried to figure out what we are doing wrong with the water hookups, but no luck.
Actually, we have read through our manual, but there is no clear information on how to fix this stuff. I have looked online but can't get any answers here either.
My husband won't go to a repair shop since he can "live with the problems for now." So, I'm trying to get answers on my own and see if I can fix anything.
What do you think? Is this something you could help us with? Thanks,Karyn
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases since some of these models vary it is best to have a repair technician inspect the issues to see what bulbs are needed as well as what other repairs are needed to correct this here.Usually the bulbs are 12 volt and when plugged into shore power the inverter/converter still sends 12 volts to the lights to operate.If the slide makes any noise when trying to operate it then this may be the slide motor itself at fault or an issue with the track needing repaired or replaced.Your water pump has to be turned on to pump the fresh water to the faucets.

This should be checked into further by a repair specialist to help locate the faults here and repair them from there unfortunately due to the differences in some of these models.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I appreciate your contacting me, that was very nice of you. Unfortunately, when no one replied to my questions by afternoon, I needed to get answers sooner, rather than later. So, I had a repairman who lives in the rv park we are visiting, come by and fix things. I'm not sure what the site does whenever this happens. I just assumed no one was able to help me so I moved on. Do they still pay you if you tried to answer even though another rv tech had said he could help me but never got back to me? I hope so. Thank you for trying though!