Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2003 Gulf Stream class A Conquest/Ultra supreme

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Gulf Stream class A Conquest/Ultra supreme Coach. Am starting to have issues with the two hydraulic slides. Went camping this week & when we were ready to come home, the slides would not move in. Seemed to have no power as there was no sound when the toggle was pushed. checked batteries, OK, had 120 power supply attached. drivers seat was forward, key was not in ignition. checked fluid level, OK. then started "wiggling" wires in the hydraulic compartment. unit started to slide in, there was a thump, slide stopped waited a minute slide started again. then tried rear slide, started, then thump, waited a minute then it started again. is there a breaker in the hydraulic compartment? if so where? is there a reset as well & if so where? Love the Coach but I need to slides to work. Is there a way to manually close them if this happens again on the road? Many thanks!!! Dave
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Have the batteries load tested. This has all the earmarks of batteries that are failing. If they are over 3 years old that is almost a certainty. Slides take a lot of power and when batterie fail they may have a good surface voltage reading, but can't deliver that at full amperage as rated. Most places that sell batterie can load test them for you. If you take them out, but sure you mark the cables and take a photo or two so you get them hooked up back up correctly. Be sure you clean the cables, especially the ground lead to the chassis. One way to tell is to take a DC voltage reading AT the motor when someone hits the switch. If it drops quickly, it is either the batteries or the motor. Do the batteries first. Get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you perhaps missed my earlier response on your question? And if you got this resolved or do you still need some additional input from me here?