Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

2001 winnebago chieftain 36' front slideout hydraulic fluid

Customer Question

2001 winnebago chieftain 36' front slideout hydraulic fluid leaking, appears to be from forward hydraulic cylinder. What is the procedure to take apart to gain access in order to see if it is the cylinder or line, can't find any info.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

These can be very difficult to access, sometimes there is a panel underneath that you can remove to have a better look, that is where I would start. Also around this time frame there was an issue with the hoses, the hose should be marked, if it is marked with the numbers I provide then I would see about having a shop do the repair it may still be covered.... Click HERE to view that, the hose would have that number on it. IF not and you still can not gain access I would get a hold of Winnebago they can be helpful and might be able to send you a print. Sorry for the delay as well, sometimes questions like this can be difficult to respond to... Hope this helps you out some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me I am around daily and respond when I can, follow ups are included....