Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

R-pod pump not pumping from tank.... Pump is motor is warm

Customer Question

R-pod pump not pumping from tank.... Pump is motor is warm to touch when pump switch is left on... No water being pumped
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

1... Check your DC voltage at the pump, if the voltage was a little low the pump might run but not produce water. The voltage should be above 10.5 volts or the pump can still run but not produce water...

2... Check the inlet on the pump for a strainer, it would have a clear plastic cap that you remove and inside is a screen, make sure it is not plugged up. Not all RV's have them it is up to the RV manufacturer to put one in.

3... Shut the pump off get a towel and throw it over the outlet connection, loosen the connection and then briefly turn the pump on and make sure you have flow. This will help expel any air from the pump if it is air bound.

4. If you have no flow on the outlet loosen the inlet and make sure you are getting water to the pump, if so and all your valves are in the proper position I would replace the pump, these can fail...

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Rbert