Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2015 American Tradition Roof Air conditioning will not turn

Customer Question

2015 American Tradition Roof Air conditioning will not turn on with shore power connected. Are there any fuses or breakers and where is the location?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

The AC unit would have a breaker in the main breaker panel, go to the breaker panel and shut all the breakers OFF then back ON, sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it.... Do you have a generator? IF so does the AC unit run?

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
where is the breaker panel on a 2015 American Tradition? I have switched what I think is the Breakers all off and back on. I ran the generator but it still would not run. The control panel will not respond
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

OK

Is the thermostat even turning on I assume you have a digital T-stat and does that have power?

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The thermostat is on, lights are on, but it will not move from off to cool. It is a RV Comfort.zc thermostat
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

OK..

Got it.... Try this, remove the cover and it should have a glass fuse underneath, remove that fuse for about 5 mins then put it back in and see if it returns to normally operation. IF not it sounds like a faulty thermostat if you can not move it from off to cool or nothing happens when you hit the buttons. The only other thing I have seen with this style thermostat on older units is if you have any chargers plugged in or ballast lighting on it can mess with the RF signal inside the AC unit. I highly doubt that is the issue but wanted to mention that, have seen that with some of the older Comfort zc...

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is not an "older unit", it is a 2015 model. Not at all satisfied. My question wax where is the breaker panel on a 2015 AmericanTradition was never answered
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

The breaker panel would be inside the RV, try looking below the fridge or on the base of the bed or in the closest. The breaker panel would be in an area that you have access to it. Sometimes they will use a finished wood panel like the rest of the cabinetry inside the RV.

I am sorry you are not satisfied, that thermostat should have a glass fuse under the face of it.

IF you would like to try another expert please let me know..... Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Am I paying for this service?
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

IF you are not satisfied I can request a refund for you.

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not at all satisfied because my Air Conditioner is not working. Can you e-mail me a copy of the wiring diagram for the 2015 American Tradition Coach? Please ask for a refund, Not Happy
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Once again I am sorry you are not happy and will request a refund for you now, no need to respond again...

Robert