Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a winnebago adventure 2002 i can not get slide in

Customer Question

I have a winnebago adventure 2002 i can not get slide in have checked fuzes and battery. want to hand crank it in, can not find hydraulic release
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

HI my name is Robert...

You should have some solenoid valves with a T handle OR small 1/4" nut on the end of the solenoid, you would need a nut driver to open them up.

IF you go to the front engine access and look straight down you should see the pump/manifold for the rooms and jacks. There is a set of solenoids and the ones near the drivers side should be the solenoids for the slide-rooms. You may have to get on the ground and reach up to get to the end of the solenoid valves..., Open them up about 5 turns you will hear the pressure bleed off, after that you can set up the winch or try and have about 4 people help push it in. AFTER the room is in tighten the solenoids back up or the room might want to move out while you are driving... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

HI... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help on this please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can...

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does not work... did it and the slide still will not go in. and both slides are out front and back
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Did you try pushing them in when the solenoids valves were opened up? Or did you use the wench?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Might need to get a hold of HWH my next thought is a bad shuttle valve but normally that prevents the jacks from retracting. Click HERE for some info on the room. Might need a mobile tech to come out... Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
opened with 1/4 nut wrench, still could not push in slides
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
solenoids was opened with wrench, some fluid cam out, still could not push slides in and did do it with the crank and strap. but the slides still will not go in
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

I wonder if this is a shuttle valve issue, click HERE and have a look might be something to try next... I know it says jacks on the sheet but if the jacks share the same manifold with the rooms thinking it would be tied in.

IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert