Technicaldan, Technician
Experience:  Accredited

I have an Allison WTECII on a 1992 Fleetwood American Eagle,

Customer Question

I have an Allison WTECII on a 1992 Fleetwood American Eagle, at this time the Allison Transmission will not switch into drive or reverse mode. When you push the drive button it shows a 6 on the remote selector display and N on the right side of the display and a buzzer is sounded. I believe there is no electical current going to the transmission or something is out on the transmission. I checked the two fuses in the Interface Module and they were good. I check the fluid levels they are good. What do you think?
Category: RV
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 4 months ago.
Good evening
With the key on engine off.
Push the up and down buttons at the same time till the display says d1 then some numbers will follow. Like p4635
Please let me know those numbers ty
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Allison WTECII transmission instruments/troubleshooting was used to check the computer system or display for codes from the ECU so for the system gives no codes at all from d1 to d6 only - - is what is shown on the display as if nothing is wrong. WTECII was replaced in San Antonio, TX two years ago new and has been driven less than 5,000 miles since that time. So what do I check next. Russell Brown Order ID: 16394306-827.
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, usually I would go through the process with a customer, in this case there is so much that it could be and so much information on the subject that I think I would assist you best by providing you with the electrical side technical and testing information documentation, as you say the transmission is recent, it makes sense to look at the electronics.

There is information relating to the warning buzzer, diagnostics using the panel and instructions to follow.

I hope this helps you get it running properly, you are most welcome to come back to me for an opinion.