Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

My primary Dometic AC roof RV unit stops working in hot

Customer Question

My primary Dometic AC roof RV unit stops working in hot weather. The Dometic thermostat on the wall indicates the indoor temp is 32F, although it is actually mid-70s.
When this occurred last summer, we shut the system down and let it the unit sit in the summer heat for a few days, when it again worked as intended.
We are now experiencing the same issue and the ambient temp is in the high 80's.
This time, the HVAC tech found (inside the roof AC unit) two unconnected power leads and the leads to a sensor were corroded, so until he has more information, he has relocated that sensor to prevent further corrosion. That action got the AC unit working again. Have you experienced this issue previously and what is the DEFINITIVE fix for it?
I do not have the Dometic model or serial number available to me but am trying to obtain it from my HVAC tech.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Most of the time a new temp sensor solves this. If it is located higher up on the fins, it usally doesn't get as much water on it. The model number is ***** on the bottom of the A/C and is visible when you remove the ceiling grill on MOST installations. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more input from me as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here?