gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2006 rv. I am trying to hook up my Direct tv H24BD

Customer Question

Hello : I have a 2006 rv. I am trying to hook up my Direct tv H24BD receiver to my KVH Tracvision LF/SF satellite dish. I have been trying to connect the receiver. I called KVH Industries . They tried to walk me through the set up. We got the direct tv prompt to come up . We started the set up but we could not get the satelite dish to send a signal. We think that everything is hooked up correctly. The receiver seems to be communicating with the dish. Can you help?
Thanks MIke
Category: RV
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It sounds like you may have a bad unit. The setup is a simple plug and play ordeal. If the dish is already all hooked up all you do is run the cable to the satellite in on your satellite receiver then run a cable out of there into the tv. Have you tried using a different cable to connect between the travision and the receiver?