Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Dometic CCC2 my zone 1 is cooling but when my

Customer Question

I have a Dometic CCC2 my zone 1 is cooling but when my second unit (zone2) is connected through the couplers it shuts my zone 1 off. I recently had a tech come out and the only thing he could do for me was unplug zone 2 to allow zone 1 to cool. What am I missing? I am not savvy when it comes to wiring or electricity! Thanks, Hollie
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a load shed device on this? 30 amp cord (3 prongs) or 50 amp cord (4 prongs) and are you using any kind of adapter on the cord?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
50
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Any adapter being used on the cord or are you plugged into a 50 amp outlet? Do you have a load shed system?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No load shed system I am plugged directly into the plug
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Did he check the dip switch settings on the control module to be sure they were set correctly?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No he said there was no use of it because this happened before and it corrected it by itself so he highly doubted that was the cause
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Do you have one battery or two? Any fluorescent lighting?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
One, no fluorescent lighting all LED.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

This should have at least two batteries. Most dealers are too cheap to properly outfit these and want to save money. This may have been caused by low voltage due to you having a lot of uses on at the time. Larger 5th wheels, especially with multiple sliderooms take a lot of power. One battery just won't get the job done and when you move the rooms in or out it can drain the battery quickly. So can other uses, especially if this is just a 24 series battery. It should have two 27 series batteries connected in parallel for best results. Other things that can cause this are a bad connection at the thermostat OR at the control due to moisture in the air. Usually you see an E1 fault on the controller and it won't just shut down, but it can or just shut off one zone. OR it may be a defective thermostat or controller. Those would be under warranty. So, I would get the battery situation upgraded and then see if this corrects it or if you have it happen again, some new parts would be needed I suspect. Hope this helps here. Please get back to me if you need additional input on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here?