Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I just had my propane tank filled and now my stove does not

Customer Question

I just had my propane tank filled and now my stove does not have gas going to it t he valve is open on my tank
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

GO back to the tank and shut the valve, SLOWLY open the valve up, if the valve is opened to fast the regulator may lock up and you might not get the proper pressure.... IF you have a LP detector make sure it is ON some LP detectors will cut the flow of LP when the detector is tripped. Beyond that I would have a RV shop check the system pressure with a manometer to make sure the tank regulator is not the problem, it is about a 15 min check in the shop... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert