Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I am plugged into 50 amp shore power and my automatic

Customer Question

I am plugged into 50 amp shore power and my automatic transfer switch is not letting electric into the coach however it does when the generator is on.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

IF you have ac voltage at the transfer switch and nothing coming out then it has failed and would need to be replaced.

What you could try is to shut all the breakers off, unplug from power, plug back in and then turn the breakers on one at a time and see if that helps, sometimes if you take away the voltage and then apply it again it can unseat the relay in the transfer switch, if not it would have to be replaced. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can...

Thanks, Robert