Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I replaced my batteries in my 2013 Fleetwood Bounder. After

Customer Question

I replaced my batteries in my 2013 Fleetwood Bounder. After replacing the batteries the lights inside would not go on or anything else involving the house batteries. The batteries are installed correctly. The Magnum converter shows no light on the device itself except when I plug in shore power. Then a green light pulses on the converter. On the readout panel inside the door way that green light pulses as well and a red light pulses slowly below it. I should add when I installed the batteries I place the negative line on last and it sparked a lot until I removed it. I then realized I forgot to unplug the shore power when I installed the new batteries. The batteries are fully charged.
Do you know if I need to reset the convert and if so, how is that done?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Do you have a battery disconnect switch inside the door to isolate the interior power? IF so and you hit that switch do you hear a click away from the switch each time you press it?

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

The reason I am asking is if you have good voltage at the battery and have a disconnect switch the solenoid could be the problem, it may not be allowing the DC power to the RV. IF you can not hear the solenoid go to the battery and follow the cables to the solenoid, the solenoid will have two LARGE posts on it, one side should come from the battery and have voltage, if you do not have voltage on both sides get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if your power comes on..... Let me know, follow ups are included.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... I see you have not selected a rating, if you still need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can...

Thanks, Robert